MADAME SATAN is the name of a brazilian movie that went for Cannes this year. Coincidently the director of the movie is friend of my family and although last time I met him I was 10 years old (and he was 23 I think). Karim Auznavour is his name and I had the oportunity of meeting him today for some coffee. The guy was cool and we talked about movies rather than law (for those who don't know me I am a law student).
It seems pretty easy to make a movie but it is not. He took like 5 years to make his and he just finished it 3 months ago.... In Brazil you may be consider a hero if you can get to finish your movie. Imagine spend 5 years to do a single tape about 2 hours long...... way too much!
Well, personally I don't like the idea of filming Madame Satan. I told him that I felt that the Brazilian movies are too attached to the brazilian enviroment (50% of them are in the northeast of the country, 20 percent about famous brazilian characters, 20 percent about brazilian symbols (copacabana for example) and so on). Where are the big universal themes? In my opinion the globalization didn't reach the brazilian movies.
A brazilian touch would do the difference i suppose they would say... But it is my opinion that the brazilian enviroment is way too complex for the rest of the world..... A Favela that for us is a chavão, for a foreigner would be already way to far of their reality.... Filming a history in the northeast of in a favela would look as science fiction in an european eye..... So that means... the brazilian cinema could be more suptile on the national references....
He mentioned the need for strong characters is the goal for the movies nowadays... That leads the directors to go for a very brazilian enviroment.....but what about the identification of the foreign public with the story?
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário